Annual Holiday Design Scholarship Program
With the help of some incredibly generous sponsors, Laurel Arts and Somerset, Inc. challenged schools in Somerset County to build one-of-a-kind outdoor holiday decorations to match the theme “Christmas Music”. The schools are encouraged to build a team with the joint forces of art and tech, including a supervisor in each specialty. The projects are displayed on the diamond in Uptown Somerset before being moved back to their communities for the remainder of the Holiday season! The pieces are eligible to win a scholarship for their school provided by sponsors: Rockwood Casualty Insurance Company and Somerset Trust Company.
The following schools and their local business sponsors entered
- North Star School District Sponsored by Highland Tank
- Rockwood Area School District Sponsored by Rockwood Casualty Insurance
- Somerset Area School District Sponsored by Morocco Welding
- Windber Area School District Sponsored by Hollern & Koontz Insurance
Holiday Design Scholarship Opportunity!
The schools are eligible for Scholarship awards that fund their art and technical departments. The award winners will be selected by judges: Joel Hoover, Gavin Peretti, & Michael Hertrich!
The Rules of the Contest:
Theme: Christmas Music
25 sq ft (no larger), unlimited Height
Built for the Outdoors
Each School Is Provided a $400 Budget
Laurel Arts and Somerset, Inc. would like to thank the many businesses and individuals who have made this possible:
- Somerset Trust Company
- Rockwood Casualty Insurance Company
- 1st Summit Bank
- Highland Tank
- Morocco Welding
- Rockwood Casualty Insurance, Co.
- Hollern & Koontz Insurance
- Teachers and Supervisors at participating schools
- Incredible Students
- All those sharing and supporting this effort!